Welcome to the Department of Transportation Reasonable Suspicion Training course. This course will give you the tools you need to confidently handle situations regarding reasonable suspicion in your workplace.
The DOT Reasonable Suspicion Training course is intended for supervisors of commercial motor vehicle drivers who operate vehicles that require a commercial driver license. To determine if you are subject to the U.S. Department of Transportation drug and alcohol testing regulations and require this training, visit this link HERE
This course will cover several topics relating to reasonable suspicion and workplace impairment.
• Regulations and History
• Workplace substance abuse
• Drug and alcohol testing requirements and general procedures
• Indicators of drug (controlled substance) and alcohol misuse
• Managing reasonable suspicion
Upon completion of this course, you will be able too:
• Explain the hazards associated with workplace substance misuse
• Recognize the common appearance, behavioral, speech, and aromatic indicators of substance misuse
• Complete the 5-Step reasonable suspicion process
• Utilize documentation tools to effectively record reasonable suspicion observations
• Manage the arrangement of, and inquiries regarding, reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing
The DOT Reasonable Suspicion Training course will take approximately 2.5 hours for students to complete.
Students must complete an end-of-course assessment and achieve a passing grade of at least 80% to be awarded a certificate.
Students will receive a maximum of two attempts to pass the assessment.